Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peace from a pack of toilet paper...

I have often thought what brings me peace and security in my life, in terms of the physical things. I have narrowed it down to a big supply of toilet paper. Well, basically the bulk items that you see at Costco. My giant detergent, big pack of Dove bar soap, large shampoo and conditioner (those are killer if dropped on feet though), and don't forget, my supply of diet coke.
I just like seeing them in the cupboard. It makes me happy, and also, prepared. I have often said that if I just had limitless amounts of money, shopping at Costco with no regard to the total would be the ultimate. Imagine me skipping down those concrete isles, THAT HAPPY! I am a simpleton, I know. But my supply of paper towels brings my a joy that just can't be duplicated!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have to agree with you! I love seeing bulk supply!!! Thanks for seeing the bright spot in my day. I had to laugh because I am for sure grateful that it wasn't my second floor toilet!

Mindi said...

I was telling Andi tonight that I had to go to Costco tomorrow for toilet paper and she said I had to read your blog for today. I couldn't agree with you more. I love looking under the bathroom counter and seeing it stacked full of those rolls and the Dove soap. Costco is my toiletries preparedness.