Monday, June 21, 2010

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll eat some worms...

Because, some days arent unicorns and butterflies, and that's OKAY!
This was the theme song of my last week. Pity party much? A full grown grumpy mama, thats what we had on our hands. Actually, it was really a two day grump-fest, but for the sake of telling a story, I will go with the whole week thing.
LOSING-I hate to admit it, but I hate LOSING(is that terrible?)! When we play volleyball on Wednesdays, it stinks to be on the other end of several ladies atomic serves(which I admire). When the score reaches 0 to 10, I am not really having a ton of fun...I'm just sayin'.
POUNDAGE-I must have heard somewhere that theres an eating contest, because I have packed on a solid 10lbs. I have earned it too. I have had a love affair with Cheetos that can't be explained...and the orange fingers to prove it.
SCHOOL- I realized that I read the discussion rubric wrong, because I got some F's last week. Not cool, so many tears and a good headache were had. Spoke with professor, now I know what he expects.
SLEEP- Or, lack of it. When Shayne is gone, you can expect that I am still awake around 2am. My anxiety has gotten worse over the years, and I don't know what to do about it.
FRIENDS- I need to accept whatever particular friends can give to the friendship, and not worry about the rest. Live in the moment. Its hard, even at 34 years old, not to get hurt feelings or feel forgotten. This goes back to my gripe about not having sisters, and thats not fair, and at the end of the day, I am still NOT the sister, just the friend, sniff, sniff...
Speaking of sniff, sniff....ALLERGIES...enough said.
So, as you can see, I am a big baby. There are just those days when ONE thing goes wrong, that you are crying to husband, who, by the way, doesn't know what to do with his hysterical wife. "I'm fat, stupid, so and so doesn't care about me, tired". Us girls like to lump in all of our woes into one cry.
I'm better this week. I cleaned the garage, we made a run to the city dump (things like that make me so happy!) ,Shayne isn't traveling, my grades have improved, moving forward, bring on the unicorns...

9 comments:

Andi said...

I still appreciate the vent, even though your having a better week.

Can we be sisters? Because I surely need one too! Love you!

stacey said...

I give an awesome pity party too. Every now and then a good cry & vent is well deserved I've decided.

We still need to get together and have a mom in school venting party. There are enough of us out there that have been there, done that and and can share the burden.

I'd love to have you as a sister too, you one fun gal!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Hoping that your week continues to get better!

I'll join in on that sister club - and I really need to be more outgoing with friends. I suppose I'll set a goal. We'll see.

Mindi said...

Man Kellie. Sure wish I had known you were having such a tough week! I get stuck in my little world and forget to check on anyone. I'm glad to hear things are looking up a bit. As for the song, Justin's dad buys gummy worms almost every reunion and sings that song. Afterwards he passes out the gummy worms to the grandkids. They love it. So do I. I sure hope you know that I love you and am willing to help whenever/wherever you may need...even if it is prying the cheetos out of your fingers:)

Angie said...

Glad to hear your week is looking up! I'm with you on the sister thing...can I join the club too! ;)

Kris said...

Well now I feel like a stink, because I have 2 sisters, but would rather have you!

Cheetos were put on this earth to make us feel better, so don't sweat it. And as for volleyball, I just wish I could be there receiving some of those serves. I'd even settle for losing 0-10 if I could just go! Someday I'll get there.....Miss ya!

Allison said...

Call me next time! Would love to hear you vent!! I am still venting about the ward split - it seems so long ago, but it still makes me sick to my stomach! Talk about an extended pity party that you think I would get over, just don't know what is wrong with me, I used to like change. Even though we don't talk every day, you will always be a great friend and sister!! Love Ya!

tracy said...

Wow, sorry to hear of your bad, bad week:( Glad to hear it has gotten better. Cleaning helps me too. I wish I KNEW when people were hurting or needed a friend. I feel like others who say they're in their own world sometimes and don't realize what's going on outside. It's humbling to have to pick up the phone and ask a friend to hear you vent, but you know I've done it a number of times to you...so if my "radar" isn't picking up your signal, give me a call! Love you Kellie!!