Don't you sometimes wonder how you got to the age you're at? I am pretty sure that I was in my friend Michelle's room, listening to MCHammer just yesterday (and considering if I could get away with the Debbie Gibson hat look)
Now, I am a mom, paying taxes and planning for retirement. In all the thirteen years of marriage, we have ALWAYS had TWO car payments. Pretty dumb. Today I just paid off my FIRST CAR EVER...WOOHOO!!! The truck is finally paid off, and the van will be at the end of this year. Major milestones in the Kellie financial planning world.
I used to really be into new cars, and that has changed. My van is well broken in (stains on the ceiling and paint peeling) but that is so okay with me. I would love a new suburban, but I just don't want to pay a $600 car payment now, gulp. Not fun being car-poor.
So, the plan is to drive it till it dies. As long as I have air conditioning, and a radio that works, I'm good. Don't mind that petrified chicken nugget under the seat...its paid for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Congrats! That is great news. We are driving it until it dies as well. It's such a freeing feeling to drive a paid for beat up kid cruiser, I love it!
Yay! Congratulations Kellie! I bet that feels so awesome. I hope my van lasts another couple years. I too will drive mine until it dies (which it did this week except it came back to life thankfully).BTW, I think you could totally still pull off the Debbie Gibson hat look and I think I have an MCHammer tape around somehwere..just a single though(blame it on the rain). Wanna come hang out and dance;)
Congratulations!!! I'm a little jealous....I wish I was a grown up as you, but you have married a lot longer than me.
You are speakin' my language, girl! We got the Burb last year, cut our payment in 1/2 & got twice the car. Gotta love the giant bus.
Gotta love the paid for cars! We're the type to drive it until it dies - or we have too many kids and have to buy a new one but that won't be happening again so we're stuck.
I have to let Mindi know that Blame it on the Rain is Milli Vanilli. And now I'm going to pretend like I didn't just say that. Stop...Hammer Time!
I so know what you're talking about!! Congrats on ending the car payments. We'll be there right with ya soon :)
Post a Comment