While I was reading the comments to my previous bacon post (two bacon posts in one week, get a hold of yourself Kellie!) I wondered if you guys knew...
You can cook bacon in the oven!!!
Yup, my friend Julene Hansens taught me this...
Put the sliced bacon on a cookie sheet(with a edge) and put in an oven at 425ish, cook for 20 min.
(heavens opening, cherubs singing, waistlines expanding)
cooking it in the oven doesn't mess the oven up at all! When it is done, you get it off the cookie sheet and drain on paper towels. Let the bacon grease cool, and then scrape into a can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That clip was funny. I love the digging through the lettuce for the bacan..ha! The oven thing sounds like a great way to cook a lot quickly. Do you cover the pan? Does it make a mess in the oven? Do you line the pan??
My mom does this, especially for large crowds. She uses the disposable baking tins to make it even easier. Yum!
You learn something new every day! I will have to try this. I love bacon, but HATE to cook it!
Post a Comment