Today was a sad day. When Kennedy and I were walking up to the front door, we discovered that the wreath that the birds nest was nestled in was laying on the ground in front of the front door.
No more baby birds.
I was in the process of taking pictures of the nest and the babies to show to the primary kids and to go along with a song we sing.
They had just hatched the night before Easter, I thought "what a wonderful Easter gift"
We have gone through the garage to give the mommy bird some peace the last 3 weeks, and I have lifted up many kids to let them see the little miracle on our porch.
I have even said a little prayer to protect them during the wind, and then I added some wood to keep the wreath down.
I am bummed. We have never had a nest that I actually knew about and could watch and share in the wonder.
Shayne blamed it on the cirlce of life and that somewhere there was a cat that had a good meal. Not very comforting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How sad. I love watching nature with my kids. The Primary children will be disappointed too.
That's so sad--we've had a few bird eggs fall out of nests built around our house and I know it's the way it goes but it is still sad.
Bummer, because you were so careful!
Paige and I cleaned up a dead pigeon (looked like it was attacked by a hawk or something) off our front sidewalk. Nothing like a little guts to start your day.
Post a Comment