Sunday, April 05, 2009

All of it, ruined!

So, Shayne was helping with laundry because he was getting ready for a trip. I didn't think much of it, until I heard Shayne downstairs, and I knew it wasn't good.
All the clothes in an entire load were totally stained with an oily substance.
Oh no. I totally knew what it was. Vaseline. Because my lips are so dry due to my Accutane, I apply Vaseline to my mouth at least 10 times a day, and carry one in my pocket. And I didn't take it out of my pocket that day. All my fault. I tried in vain to get the stains out, but they were all ruined. A whole load of Shayne's work darks, so we lost...
5 good shirts
2 pair of nice work pants
Not the best timing.
Such a bummer.

4 comments:

stacey said...

Bummer!
I remember a load of the kids colored clothes that I lost to a red crayon (isn't it always red?)

Here, here to the dry Accutane lips. My chapstick of choice was Carmex. I was addicted to that stuff for a long time after I was off Accutane.

Mindi said...

Oh no! I hope you didn't have to run out for an emergency shopping trip before he could leave. That will ruin a perfectly good day!

Janelle said...

Try goo gone! it worked for me when clothes got washed with a chapstick!

Stefanie said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! Maybe some Oxyclean would help. Can I suggest a product for your lips that is not as heavy? You can get it at Bath and Body works. It's called C.E. Bigelow Rose Salve and it is glorious! Very silky and comes in a convenient little tin. It's awesome!