Wow, I just totally erased a couple very long paragraphs of though. Hmmm, okay here is the Cliff's Notes of what I wrote...
Today, our bishop, James Slade, was released today. Nothing like the whole stake presidency sitting on the stand to let you know something is up. Shayne whispered to me that whoever is wearing a new suit is the new bishop. (that is what we did when he got called to the bishoprich, made a trip to get a new suit)
I really enjoyed Bishop Slade. He felt like an every-man. My favorite growing up bishop, Randy Garber, was the same. He even had a Yosemite Sam tattoo on his arm as a reminder that youth can be hard to navigate, and although he wasn't proud of it, I appreciated his fallability. He loved the gospel, you felt it when he spoke. His spirit was strong.
Bishop Henderson is going to do a great job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That is funny about the suit. I was looking around for anybody with extra family. I don't know Sid well, but I have heard him speak at a couple meetings, and I too think he will do a great job.
Post a Comment