Monday, November 17, 2008

Food Storage and Me: A Love/Hate Story

So, Shayne and I have earnestly been trying the last 8 months or so to build some kind of a food storage.
No, we aren't running around like Chicken Little worrying that the world will come to an end. ( although, I have given into Shayne's notion that ammo is part of food storage, fine.)
I just started ordering everything and anything when the cannery sign up was passed around on Sundays. Now, I am sitting on a couple hundred pounds of oats.
What to do, what to do?
granola, check.
Thats it. That is all I knew what to make with oats, I REALLY hate oatmeal, so when the end comes, the Farrell's will be surviving on granola and diet coke.
Until.......
A oat cooking class given by Amy B.(shortened to protect her identity, but it rhymes with Shmetmeiser)
Hooray! Oatmeal energy bars, muffins, pizza dough-all made with oats! Hallelijah!
Now, what do I do with the truckload of dehydrated carrots under the kids beds....

3 comments:

Andi said...

Carrot Fudge! There has to be a way!

kidding...right? said...

I need some of those recipes! I do love oatmeal. I eat it every morning that I can. It's so good with brown sugar and craisins. Yum!

Brooke said...

Kellie, your blog is so cute. It was fun to share in the oats sampling with you last week!