Do you know what they are? It's like a type of grain-oat. So, last week in Costco there was a giant bag of these, "Coach's Oats". I am trying to become less of a walking food preservative so I bought this big old bag. "Hey look at me" I thought proudly as I walked around Costco, "I am so aware of what I put in my body" I am sure no one was buying me as a health concious shopper as I had a 36 pack of diet coke in there, too.
So what do groats taste like? Chewy, check. Oat-y, check. Yeah, I don't like 'em. I think that groats sounds like an ailment, "Man, I have the groats real bad today"or "Dude, I am so groated". So, next Costco run, expect to see me with the usual, the big diet coke pack, and a giant box of Froot Loops, I am trying saving money, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Groats are only good for one thing - grinding them into flour and making cookies with them!
mmmmmmm...groaty. Yeah, my Mom cooked some for my Dad recently. The good news is they're still together!
It's too easy to say, "groats are gross". I'm into alliteration.
Your description of them certainly didn't convert me to them. I support the transition right on back to fruit loops.
Groats?? I've never even heard of groats. I just got that deceptively delicious cook book that Jessica Seinfeld did. So, I'm going to attempt to hide healthy stuff in our unhealthy stuff. I'd be willing to try ground up groats in my cookies!
Post a Comment