Friday, July 08, 2011

So you have a lumpy butt? What else is new?

It's summertime, and that means bathing suit season. Because I have a pool, we swim most days. I actually really like being in my bathing suit. When I am done swimming, I like to clean the house in my swimsuit. I have gotten my mail in my swimsuit. I have made a coke run in my swimsuit (I sent the kids in though!).

For a girl who carries a little junk in her trunk...and hips, and tummy and arms....I think maybe I should be more self consious. Here's the thing though...no one is shocked that I am not a size 2 under my clothes, so who cares? My mom and grandmas didn't let opportunities to have fun with us kids because they were worried about what they looked like.

I remember being so self consious as a teenager, but also very aware that I filled out that swimsuit top...girls realize what their biggest assets are early on :)

Best memories for me is us going to Jack in the Box in our swimsuits after a long day at Seal Beach.

My favorite swimsuits come from Lands End because of their cute skirts, long tankini tops and the fun prints...not to mention, underwire, for girls with big knockers.


So here are a few pics of my life in a swimsuit....

So I started out life with a boy's body....


Me and the grandmas...



My fourteenth birthday...looking into the sun isn't pretty....


1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm with you Kellie on the cleaning the house in your swimsuit...expecially when half of your house has a broken AC unit! Plus, it makes a nice surprise for the husband when he comes home for dinner! ;)