Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Primary




Very recently, I was released from my calling in primary as the chorister. It has been bittersweet. I felt like it was time, and that the children needed someone new.

My throat gets a little tight when I think that I no longer GET to stand in front of those beautiful kids and sing songs about the Savior, "He Sent His Son" required me to sing despite that tight throat! The Holy Ghost really can put a hug on our heart through music!

I have been a chicken, a cowboy, a baby, a snowman among other things.

I have lead the children with a wand, a flower, a spatula, and flyswatter.

We have made cookies for the primary president, gone on an airplane ride, witnessed "magic water" and sung to unsuspecting members we just happen to snag from the hallway.

Favorite parts? Well, all of the above, in addition to...

-hearing kids whisper to their moms when they see me "thats my music teacher!"

-hugs!

-making teachers jump, hop chairs, spin around (and they were such good sports!)

-the bishoprich messages (just TRY not to cry when Brother L comes in, I dare ya!)

Here's my other faves....

Teachers! I feel so blessed to be in a room where people volunteer to teach children the gospel. Many don't even teach their own kids. Genuine love and appreciation are given to the kids from their teachers freely, and it has touched my heart and made me want to be a better teacher, too.

Leaders!....Allison T, Tina, Janelle, Michelle, Mindi, Tracy, Allison, Jillian, and Andrea.

One of the biggest blessings in my life are the women in it. I have felt the Holy Spirit during sharing times, and am so thankful that our kids are being taught by these amazing examples.

I love them ALL very much, and even though we all move on, I know that primary has changed us and bound us forever.








7 comments:

Allison said...

Amen!

tracy said...

I'm totally going to miss you and your fun singing techniques!! You were and still are AMAZING!!!

Kris said...

So is the Primary Presidency taking applications for that job? They wouldn't care that I'm not in their ward, would they?

Ashlie said...

You are going to be missed. I quite enjoyed the entertainment value you provided to singing time. ;) You did a great job!

Mindi said...

I both laughed and cried through that post. So many fun memories of you doing all that you listed and feelings I remember too! I will definitely miss you. Thank you for being so willing to help wherever needed. Now you get to bless the lives of more, smaller children. How lucky they are!!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I didn't even know you got released. I am so sad. I will miss seeing you up there. You did an amazing job!!!

Andi said...

I'm missing my sidekick! But, you're off to other things, and I know where to find you!