Arizona has this healthy eating campaign, that included commercials. One just drives me nuts. The mom in the ad say that
"Anytime I leave the house, I always pack fruits and veggies. Always".
Are you for real lady? ALWAYS???
Because, for all of my planning, there have been times I have literally tossed back dinner rolls that I grabbed off the counter to the kids in the backseat.
I have even been known to toss a cheeseburger.
And, if I were completely honest, true veggies make it to my table at most 2 times a week, excluding potatoe dishes.
Heck, I haven't eaten a banana in years, cuz thats just gross....
And, clearly, she doesnt know, the unspoken rule of parenting....
dont' use terms like always or never...
It will come back to bite you in the butt, I can guarantee that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Fruit roll ups and fruit snacks count as fruit. Ketchup IS a vegetable (or is it a fruit?). We do eat vegetable when I cook but sometimes that is few and far between. My theory is as long as they are eating then it's all good.
One of our favorite teases for my "little" brother is that when he was a toddler my dad bought him fruit leather to eat since he didn't like real fruit. In reality, we were all jealous that we didn't get to eat them too.
Thank you for the parenting tip....when LilSassy is older I will remember to pack the fruit rolls ups. They take up less room then the apple slices right?
Post a Comment