Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Loyal

The other day, as I was reading on of my favorite food blogs, and she posted about "the best caramel popcorn". Well now, I'm thinking I already OWN the best caramel popcorn recipe, so I will just show HER and test it out (like, seriously, how would she even know). Two hours later, and many batches of cruddy popcorn later, I realize that my recipe, for me, is the best, and I just wasted my time. Caramel popcorn recipe, can you ever forgive me????
There are things like recipes and products, that for me, when I find the right one, I am just not interested in trying out anything else. Yummiest banana bread, check. Best english toffee, check. Wheat bread, check. I can not tell you how many dinner roll recipes I have tried, and I always come back to the same conclusion, MY ROLLS ARE THE BEST!!!(to me, anyways)
I am loyal to products too. Even if it is a great coupon or offer, I will generally pass it up, because I like what I like. Here are some examples...
Sour Cream-Daisy Brand sour cream is the best, hands down. Sorry Shamrock cows.
Taco sauce-(I realize that is a random product, but I use it a lot)-has to be La Victoria(must be the sugar in it like I like)
speaking of sugar...Spaghetti Sauce-Prego
Ranch dressing-here's where I am a snob, homemade is the only way to go
Hairspray-you all know I love BIG hair(closer to heaven, ya'll!)-I have tested MANY aerosol hairsprays out, take it from me-Aussie Instant Freeze, cement hard
Mascara-Maybelline Great Lash, good ole' pink and green
Soap-gotta be Dove bar soap, bring's out Shayne's sensitive side
Detergent-Gain ( I am a borderline laundry huffer, and its the soap that brings me the most "joy")
Tampons-hey, they are a part of life-Kotex, cuz' my momma said so
Perfume-its been my signature for years now, Ralph Lauren Romance
tennis shoes-Asics all the way, official shoe of plus size women everywhere, just kidding
Toothpaste-plain ole Crest PASTE, no whitening, gel, and sprinkles don't belong in toothpaste!

I also do not like going to ANY OTHER Fry's, Target or Costco than MY REGULAR LOCATIONS!!! I just can't enjoy it because I don't know where anything is. I will drive past a Fry's just to go to mine....

And to be honest, I really don't like trying out new resterants(how do you spell that???) I would rather Shayne try them out, and report back to me, and then I will decide.


So, what things are you loyal to?

12 comments:

Miss SassyLaLa said...

I completely agree with you on most things. Daisy and Aussie for sure.Kotex all the way. Nestle chocolate chips only(except for in my microwave fudge which calls for Hershey)Baby daddy will only use Qtip brand Qtips. You know the old saying you get what you pay for I totally agree with that.

tracy said...

Sometimes blogs really make me think about the mundane, but it's quite interesting because those mundane things make up a lot of life. It's kinda like reading your private thought out loud...like the tampons, Kotex only. Diet Coke snob here. Panteen aerosal hairspray. Curel hand lotion. Yoplait yougurt. Heinz ketchup. Nestle chips, but not the recipe. My dad's meatloaf; I won't even try any other. Ascics has been my brand too, for at least 10 years. But just when you've been loyal to a brand or recipe at a restaurant, they go and discontinue or change it!!! Then what is a loyalist to do???

Anna Marks said...

I think everyone seems to have their favorite things. And then occasionally your favorite things disappear from the T.G.I. Friday's menu. Rock slide pie disappeared about 10 years ago and if anyone can find the recipe, you will make my husband the happiest man on earth!! ;-)

stacey said...

As I've been thinking for a minute here, I don't think I'm very loyal to many products at all. But I will admit to being a loyal ob tampon user (they're not for everyone, but they are so much more discrete to carry). Anything else, I may have a favorite, but if I can't justify the purchase price (meaning it has to be on sale), I get the generic brand. My kids suffer with kroger chips & pretzels in their lunches. But I love Verner's Ginger Ale, A & W rootbeer, Poore Brother's potato chips, Sunchips, & Breyer's Ice Cream. Oh, and I'll pay a few more penny's to Target so that I don't have to deal with Walmart anyday.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I was wondering when the icecream comments were coming. I'm totally a Dryer's snob. We're a split household on that one. I just can't eat Breyers. My dad is a banana snob to the point my mom has taken stickers off of the chiquita bananas to trick him by putting dole stickers on them.

I am coke 100%, prefer A&W rootbeer. I guess I'm on the outs with my tampax but they do the job and I'm fine with that. There are many more - often I'm at the store and my mom will comment "you can buy that one it's cheaper". Can I? Do I really know it's going to be as good? Should I waste the money to find out or just be safe with what I know and love?

Kris said...

I really only have 3 Loyal-ities.
1. Charmin TP- generic just won't do in that department, ya know?
2. Q-Tips- Generics are dangerous!
3. Adidas running shoes- we're a perfect fit!

You know how freakin' cheap & coupon-y I am, so is it any surprise that I had to STRETCH to find even 3 name-brand things I am loyal to? Frugality is such a burden sometimes!

Ashlie said...

I'm an old ranch girl who hates change so I try all the brands of something one time, pick my favorite, and stick to it. Sometimes it's the name brand and sometimes it's a generic. I'd say the one that possibly costs me the most is Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread. I only buy it when it's on sale and then stock up so I can make it to the next sale but we eat so much bread around here I don't even want to know what I've spent on it over the years. I don't care. It's worth it. We tried every bread known to man and I'm sorry, that one is just the best.

Andi said...

I had to think about this for a day or so, because I'm usually fine with the generics. And I'm with Stacey on the Target thing.

Kraft Mac & Cheese, Cheerios, Windex, Swiffer refills (the generic aren't even close!).

kidding...right? said...

Well apparently I'm going to have to try Kotex. I'm a Tampax girl (seriously, I don't think I've ever bought anything else), but JD would be so pleased if I switched to a Kimberly Clark product.

I'm with everyone on the Q-Tips.

I only buy Yoplait light yogurt and the bottom shelf of our fridge is always stocked in that department.

Natures Own - Honey Wheat Bread. Only kind we buy.

My kids go through tons of Eggo waffles. We've tried other kinds and they just won't do.

Target all the way. :)

Allison said...

I will try anything once just to see if it is better. But, I do have a few loyalties:

Daisy sour cream
Certain Dry antiperspirant
Colgate Toothpaste
Homemade bread
Tampax (I get a good deal at Coscto for these, although I have a whole box that I don't think I am going to need. Any takers?)

Mindi said...

Secret deoderant
La Victoria taco sauce
Tampax tampons
Levi jeans
Champion sports bras
Kirkland TP
Pink and Green mascera too!

I'm with Tracy on the stupide changes and discontinues. I use to be an Asics girl. Now I don't know what I am. Why did they have to change!!! I'm trying Saucony, but think I try something different next time.

Mindi said...

Oh and Dove for Justin's sensitive skin.