While they were here, we swam, and ate, and had a great time.
...swim lessons for Drew. This is his second year with Mindi P. as a swim teacher, and he has such a fun time! It is amazing how much he has progressed and he learned the combined stroke, backstroke, survival float, and many other things. One of his favorite parts about swim lessons, is that he does them with his good buddy, Paige.
...buying school supplies. We obtained all three lists, and headed off to Walmart to buy things for the kids' classes. $80 bucks later, gasp!, and they were ready for school.
...school shopping. The kids all carefully chose outfits(I know, boys don't call them outfits!) for the first day of school. Actually, Jordan helped Drew pick out an outfit and helped him get dressed before I even got up, how sweet. Jordan is in 6th grade, which means middle school in our school district. I must say, that all my junior high insecurities came rushing back to me as I sent him off. But he was brave, er, cool about it. Kennedy loves school, loves friends, her teacher, reading, she really is a teacher's dream.
...new shoes. I have to say, Shayne has a shoe fetish. I really think he gets all happy inside when he or others in the family, get new shoes. So, I put him in charge of this task, and he did pretty well. Of course, there was some sticker shock involved...Drew thinks his new kicks are pretty sweet, though.
So, there you have it. All my kids are growing up, learning new things, and going new places. I love it, but I have to say that my heart is a little tender, sending my baby off to kindergarten this year. When I pick Drew up in front of school, even though he is in a sea of sweet, cute kids... he sticks out like a shining star to me.
We are lucky to have good schools to send them to. It is a true blessing to be a stay at home mom, to be here to send them off, and catch them when they return!




4 comments:
School supplies are so expensive! Between supplies, high school fees, new clothes and backpacks, I'm BROKE! But everyone looks so cute! Love the new shoes!
That last sentence brought a tear to my eye! Also the part about middle school. I can't imagine having one in middle school. I swear I was just there;) You definitely do have one cute kindergartner! Thank you for letting me help Drew learn his strokes. I love working with him and Paige. They have a very soft spot in my heart. They both just crack me up! I love the picture with the kids and all the supplies. You are right though ca-ching! We need to check out Benson's firewords next year. Sounds like it would be fun. I'm guessing that is your brother-in-law throwing his baby up. That is some serious height on that throw! I hope your kids have an amazing year and you have some nice mornings of peace to yourself. Love all the picture!
Maybe you, Mindi, myself and other "empty nesters" should go out for lunch...hurry quick before I pop this next one out!
I'm with Mindi... your last paragraph made me all sappy inside. When it's your own, they do stick out like a shining star. And when they are smiling, they shine even more.
Cannot wait to hear what Drew has to say about kindergarton. Hoping Jordan is navigating his way through middle school, and yes, Kennedy is a teacher's dream!
Post a Comment