Thursday, July 02, 2009

Secret Recipes...your opinions please

A couple weeks back, I had a few friends over for lunch and swimming. And when I mean lunch, I mean, bring-something-REALLY-good-to-eat lunch. I'm a foodie, and like to share the experience. Anyway, I made a recipe from allrecipes.com called
Carol's Chicken Salad, pretty dang yummy, but really, most chicken salad's are.
Heidi V. made super yummy Parkerhouse Rolls, and I asked for the recipe, of course, she agreed to get it to me. We all got to talking, and discovered that some people are not really "recipe share-ers". I have a recipe that is a old family favorite, English Toffee. Aunt Violet used to make it at home and sell it, and so we were forbidden to keep it secret. I have shared my 'secret' with dozens. Besides, I am pretty sure mine will still be the better(wink). Unless one of them ends up as a English Toffee millionaire, I think its cool.
I think it's kind of rude to not share a recipe, especially if you are sharing the actual dish.....WHAT DO YOU THINK???

6 comments:

Andi said...

Unless it's your business... I'd think you should share. But, when I share I find I end up saying, "that's the recipe I used, but I changed this, and this, and this, etc", so I don't think what they make will turn out the same as mine. Besides, most the time people ask and then never make it. They really just want you to make it and bring it over! Especially yours Kellie! ;)

kellie said...

If someone asks me for a recipe, I make sure to get it to them, because if I ASK, I really DO want to try making it...

Ashlie said...

Sharing recipes is no big deal to me. I'll give anyone all 10 of mine.

Feel free to e-mail me (ashlie.hilton@gmail.com) any you want to share Kellie. My cupboard is sadly barren of recipes. I'm, well, pathetic really.

Mindi said...

I'm a recipe sharer. Although, I do only have very few worth sharing. I need to start trying some of the yummy ones people have posted on their blogs. I am a lazy cook!

Marianne said...

I'm with you--it's silly to keep it all a secret. I enjoy trying out new recipes if I can find the time.

kidding...right? said...

I say share. I love getting some good new recipes from friends. Your trip to the White Mountains looks like fun. My kids would have freaked out over that bear.