Friday, April 18, 2008

inspiration

When I was 10, my parents bought this very large book called "A Day in the Life of America". It was a project where hundereds of people took pictures in a 24 hour period from all across America. There were pictures of wrinkled cowboys, girls in New Jersey on prom night, homeless people, dignitaries. I LOVED that book. It touched me in a way that I can't explain, and didn't understand back then. Did I know back then that I wanted to be a photographer? No. I just knew that somehow I wanted to make that kind of creative mark on this world. I began to understand how photographs could tell a story, relay an emotion, touch someone on many different levels. I'ts my dream, my goal-to live a creative and inspired life.

2 comments:

rey2cute said...

Kelly, You are so awesome. I can wait for you to be a famous photographer, then I can work for YOU! I love checking this funny blog out and seeing your new, fun scrapbook pages! I think that I am obsessed with you.

Stefanie said...

OMGosh, my parents had a book just like that. I loved to look at it on Sunday, after church. I never got tired of looking at it. I'll be buying your book when you publish your photography.