***happy posts coming soon, but after ONE more sassy one***
Being that this is Rodeo weekend, I got a bee-in-my-bonnet to get cleaning. Like DEEP cleaning. THe fact that I am in school means that I have a couple days a week, and a few 20 min visits to the house to clean it, and its not cutting it.
Sooooo, I first slept in til 9am this morning. Well, I really was awake the last hour, but hey, now Kennedy knows how to make pancakes HERSELF, so, it was a GOOD thing!
And then I went in. I dove into the crapola with a happy heart, so excited, joyful even! As time went by, a funny thing happened....I got MADDER, and MADDER, and MADDER!
Woo-ee, I was cleaning and cussin'(in my head!). I feel so dang MAD that I find Capri Sun's behind the couch, socks behind everything, pencils with chewed off erasers in every corner, batteries, pennies, army guys, half used spiral notebooks, baggage tags, charging cords, etc.
You know what I'm saying!
I was not nice. And now, as I tuck my kids into their sweet smelling clean sheets, I feel GUILTY.
So, tonight's prayer: forgiveness and gratitude...




8 comments:
Your list of things found behind the couch seems tame to what we both saw in your neighbors front yard. Your kids are old enough to know to dodge when you start tossing things. I wouldn't worry too much...
Hey, they got to go to the movies! You should feel no guilt! It is amazing what kids will stuff places just so they don't have to walk two steps and put is away/throw it away. Hmmm, sounds like I need to teach Hannah to make pancakes:)
Been there! Monday evening found horrible messes under the couch! I called the kids in from out of their beds, and made them clean. (Including steam cleaning the carpet under the couch!) I was one mad mom!
I am glad my kids aren't the only ones. Actually I'm not. Would be nice if ALL our kids could manage to not just "drop" their trash where they want and leave their toys where ever.
Hahaha! I can relate. I find that while I love things to be really clean (not saying they usually are but I still love them to be) when I get really cleaning I tend to get ornery. Not to mention once it's all clean then I feel like an evil drill Sargent trying to keep them from messing it up again. It's how I justify not keeping it clean all the time. I would be a meaner mom.
No- it's not "run for your lives", it's "you'd better HELP me!" Or at least that's how I feel. Heaven help the person that tries to walk away when this mama gets her clean on!
Mindi and Sandy are right - why can't they just throw their trash away! There is a garbage can in every room so they don't have far to walk to find one. I think they hope the cleaning fairy will come pick up after them. I don't, so lots of yelling sometimes ensues as I try to get them to clean their own messes!! Now if someone would just help me with my messes....
I'm right there with you Kellie- when I get my clean on, you better watch out. But when Norm gets his clean on- we all toe the line.
There is no behind the couch, but last night we found plenty of wrappers under the couch. What bothers me is the fact that just a few months ago we had the same discussion/lecture about not placing garbage there.
I do get on the kids about the garbage that I find under and behind their beds, nightstands, & dressers on a weekly basis.
I understand the feelings of guilt. "I chose to go back to school, so why should they pay with a stressed out, grumpy mom who's tired of the house being messy?" It will all be worth it in the end, right?
Post a Comment