
Or rather, who do you want to look like, or dress like?
Whenever I am in the mall, which isn't all that often, I wish to walk into the Black/White Market and shop. I say it almost EVERY time, that "when I get to my goal weight, I am going to buy a whole outfit there!" Because, I think that their highest size is 14, and honestly, I would be HAPPY to be a 12ish (is that bad, am I setting the bar really low?)
THere are lots of things that I say I would do or wear if I were different, thinner, younger, richer.
Whenever I get the catalog for DownEastBasics (you know them because of their modest tshirts all of us mormon gals wear), my mouth waters over frilly cardigans, skinny belts they layer over those cardigans, skinny jeans, and ballet flats. The girl have adorable bobs, and wear 5 braclets at a time.
I do wear a flower headband sometimes, and wonder if people think I am trying too hard, because I would wear even brighter and bigger ones, if I was younger/thinner/different.
I have always said that my perfect outfit is long dark jeans, a fitted jacket, high heels and fabulous bold jewelry.
Shayne's perfect outfit on me is jeans and white tshirt or he really digs girls in sports jerseys...yeah, the tight ones. (note to self, Shayne is not to return to any Cardinals games)
I know some of you are saying, "well then, why don't you?"
Because I just can't get over that younger/thinner/different complex.
And in my head, the reason that I would even look cute in those outfits is if I were....
yep, younger/thinner/different.
And please, please, please dont tell me how you go the cutest thing at Savers....believe me,
there are no good finds in sizes for me
I like bling, Fossil bags, and converse, too....a crazy, fashion melting pot!
This post really isn't about weight or youth, but what thoughts we have. What's your idea of a perfect outfit, one that you don't feel confident enough to wear?
And WHY aren't you wearing it?




11 comments:
so, i read "bob" as "boobs" at first and it gave me quite a chuckle.
I'd like to look more put together on regular days, but I've thrown away so many "ruined" t-shirts from having little ones I have a hard time investing in nicer clothes. Plus, I love being super casual when I'm home, and don't care to much.
As for a look, I do have a touch of tomboy in me, so the perfect combination of feminine and casual tomboy. I'm not sure I've thought enough about it to put it together.
I'll be honest. I don't get fashion, at all really. I like to look nice (meaning like I took a shower and put a little effort into getting myself together) but beyond that you lose me. If I had to pick a style I'd say my favorite style is when a woman looks classy.
I was totally oohing and awing over the outfit you posted before I even read the post! Love it!! I have mixed feelings on this. I'm very attracted to cute things, but I never have anywhere to wear them! (sad but true:)) I've waisted a lot of money on cute boots, jewelry, accessories, etc... And they only get worn a handful of times. If had a real job to go to, I think I'd really have fun dressing up. As for now, I only wear my cute stuff on Weds when I volunteer at the school or when I'm on vacation. In the last few years, I've sided with my sisters (who are very fashion friendly girls) on spending a little more $$(really alot more:)) for nice jeans. Other than then that, I keep it pretty simple or maybe even slobby.:)
P.S. When I think of you... I think of a girl who has great hair and always looks fashionable and very put together!:)
Kellie! You always look cute. I love the way you dress! I have often thought, "I should look more put together like Kellie." My perfect outfit always includes a jacket, and a great necklace. And in my favorite colors: red or blue!
I always check out your outfit every Sunday to see what cute ensemble you've put together that day. Also, I have a confession. I also bought a "flower headband" after I saw you wear yours. I'm always telling myself "Am I too OLD to pull that off?" Then I saw how cute you looked and thought "Why not?" Our 30's are an interesting transition in fashion. We still want to be hip, but classy at the same time. I think you do a fabulous job at both!
I have gotten very lazy the older I get. My closet is a rainbow of eddie bauer t's both long and short sleeved. Sometimes I branch out but I'm really boring. I look at jeans - like Mindi has a REALLY cute pair that I covet everytime I see her in them - but then I think to myself I would have to start running marathons to wear them because they probably don't look as cute with the muffin top I carry around. ;) I think I'm just in a rut.
So - my outfit would be a cute top - not too ruffly or anything because I don't really do ruffles, a great pair of jeans and a cute pair of boots. I'm stuck a shoe rut too - probably why I'm wearing the ones I have even though they are falling apart.
My goal is to someday have enough money to have a personal shopper. That way I'd always look put together and classy. I think I need some make-up and hair lessons first (am I too old for those?)
I read bob ad boobs too. Ha! That outfit you picked is so cute! I'm like Angie. I always think you look great and love seeing you "shine" on Sundays all done up. I am definitely lacking in the style department. I do love good, comfy jeans. I really wish I could branch out and try different things. I think I most wich I new how to wear shoes and what kind to wear with what. I need a shopper too!
Ditto to what {kidding...right} said about liking the cute stuff but have nowhere to go in it...unless you include Target. So I decided once-upon-a-time that I was going to try to be "put together" for myself regardless if I go out or not, and even if that includes a colorful baseball cap;)
The outfit I love would be a fitted, modern, but classic...with ruffles, bows, gathers, buttons, or some cute unique feature. I want to wear a light "scarf" loosely draped around my neck, but it just doesn't "feel" like me, so I don't, but there are some cute ones out there. When I go shopping I usually go to my "go-to's" but I've been trying to look at clothes differently or get colors or prints I wouldn't look at right off.
Kellie...you always pair such cute shirts, jackets, skirts, and jewelry so fashionably-from your darling hair accessory down to your cute flats!! And I love, love your amazing hair...curled, flat-ironed, braided in the front, pulled back, puffed up...you are beautiful!
Ok how did I miss this post?
Grandma and I were having this convo the other day. Except it went like this:
Me: I wanna wear cute clothes.
Her: You can and do.
Me: No, to pull off cute you have to be a certain size or it doesn't work.
All this was said as we were watching Vanessa Marcil (google her if you don't know her) and seeing her skinny little self in cute clothes.
I wear flowers in my hair and wonder if I should be. I second guess everything because I wonder what other people will think. Really I should not car but I do. In a perfect world I would be able to wear skinny jeans, flats, cute sweater with a skinny belt and a flower in my hair. Oh well one day I won't care what people think.
Post a Comment