I am REALLY glad to be the age that I am most days. Even though I feel sometimes that life is going by way too fast, I feel pretty content, and much more confidant than I was, say, 10 years ago.
At 34, I feel like I know who my true-blue friends are and who I can count on. There isn't that need to be everyone's friend, that was once there when I was a young mom, trying to fit in.
I guess its the "whatever" principle.
If I didn't get invited to a party or get-together, whatever.
If someone didn't respond in the hallway at church to my hello, whatever.
If someone was annoyed with my crappy volleyball pass, you guessed it, whatever!
The thing is, I don't have the energy to get upset about stuff. More often than not, I am thinking if my husband has any clean whites, and what's for dinner.
If we are friends, then we're friends. And that's that. We can be really REAL with each other.
And, I do have friends that I wouldn't say that I do regular things with, but they are women I really admire, and I really feel that heart-to-heart connection.
And I try to be genuinely friendly with other women....
If I go out, I generally like a small group. And being that we live in a very social ward, there are lots of open-invitation women get-togethers. That's just not my favorite, and so, I am not being anti-social, I just generally prefer a smaller group, how's that for honest?
It really does not bug me to know that other women got together, and gasp!, I wasn't invited.
And if I have a bone to pick with you, I won't air my greivances out on Facebook, with references like "some people"....
Guess what, those "some people" probably know you are talking about them, so you arent fooling anyone.
I will email you and tell you how I feel, ask what I have done to offend, or say sorry (always with the appropciate emoticons :)
There is no way we can walk through this life without offending someone. I KNOW that I have, and so I try to cut others a break. Friends cut each other a break, not everything is so personal!
We are awesome, amazing, intelligent, and capeable women!
( and truly, this is a personal reminder to me too!)
So, whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I love that you are my friend. I am proud to say that.I love this post. I needed to read it! I love your guts mwah!!!
KELL....AMEN!! sista friend! I love you and am glad to count you as one of my friends.
I couldn't agree more! Sometimes we just take ourselves waaay too seriously!
I for one am truely blessed I am able to one of your friends! I'm glad you are over it. Afterall, we only need high school once:)
I love being friends when it's past the point of wondering and worrying... it is what it is and it's good! That's the best kind of friend to have!
Post a Comment