Friday, October 01, 2010

Cupcake dreams...


I am a food blog junkie. I am also a lover of certain food shows, my faves are -

Diners, Drive In's and Dives

The Great Food Truck Race

Barefoot Contessa


I told Shayne that I wish I could have a food truck that serves sweets. Kelliekakes.

I want to wear cute, colorful aprons and drive around town selling my sweet treats.

What would I sell? I have given that thought....on the menu....

grasshopper brownies

big, fat, frosted sugar cookies

rice pudding

chocolate chip cookies

and of course, cupcakes! my favorite is a devil's cream with buttercream frosting

(hmmm, a chocolate theme, perhaps?)

But don't rule out fancy, schmancy flavors, a blue cheese cupcake? hmmmmm.....


Baking makes me feel so good. When I have the time, it is a destressor for sure. Not much time for that lately, but someday, I know that the time will be there.

So, in the meantime, I will just daydream, watch my shows and read my fave blogs, and plan my food truck dessert menu in my mind.

7 comments:

Andi said...

Can I come too? Really!

kellie said...

The food truck dream would not be complete without you, Andrea!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Cinnamon Rolls for the morning? Or afternoon? Or anytime??? They should make the cut!

I have a friend that makes sure any time they go on vacation they hit one of the diners, drive ins or dives. I think they've planned vacations around food - sounds good to me!

Nat said...

I would buy your sweet treats! I love homemade treats. I need to buy them because I am not a baker.

Mindi said...

Drive that truck by my house!!! I can see you in those bright aprons already. It would just be perfect.

Anna Marks said...

Please get that truck business going because I don't like to cook and I would be your best customer!!

Kris said...

With a cool name like Kellikakes, how could you go wrong?

I miss you guys at VB- only a couple more months!!