I am not a huge Oprah fan to be sure. Frankly, I think the show's main goal is to have guests who serve to elevate "The Oprah" and her idea's (ideals?).
We are talking about the woman who coined the term "va-jay-jay", and had a show where
Dr. Oz told us that our poopies should be 'C' shaped.
What?
However, she had the author of "Women, Food and God" on, and she DID say something that was worth considering.
She said we will never acheive our goals by beating ourselves up.
Or something like that, you get the gist.
Hmmm, you mean using the word gravy-ish to describe my thighs isn't productive?
She also said that we think that shaming ourself is how we evoke change, and thats wrong.
From the world's worst self-depreciating joker, I do think she's onto something.
So, okay Oprah, I had a "lightbulb moment" and now I can be my "authentic self"...kind of.
And here's a link to the funniest moments on Oprah, women going bonkers over ipods and crap.
Oprah's Favorite Things
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/20/oprahs-favorite-things-th_n_73588.html
Seriously, these women are out of control, and some of them are having a religious experience over free stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Kellie.....you are so witty. I'm going to check your blog out more often.
seriously Kell, you need to be a writer, if that mormon chick can make millions writing about vampires, you can make plenty about everyday stuff, kinda like Seinfeld, alot about nothing, yeah thats the ticket
Obviously you're not pooping correctly because it's supposed to be s-shaped... ;) But, please don't beat yourself up about it because frankly, I think it's impossible!
Oh, and if being your authentic self means you won't make compare yourself to a beetle or cockroach, then I want none of it. I'm still laughing about it.
S-shaped, C-shaped. You must tell me about this? I agree with the whole Oprah thing though.
I am just glad I am not the only one who is not a fan. And I don't want to know who is checking the c or s shape.
Glad I never remember to watch Oprah and Dr. Oz makes me crazy, espcially after he told the audience that all the makeup we use will kill us someday! Really, what won't kill us! As for the c-shape, s-shape thingy, I am just glad it comes out! Thanks for the laugh
Post a Comment