Many of our friends have had babies lately. For some reason, I thought these friends were done having kids (they never told me that, I just decided that). I have to say, this has thrown me off a little. I was done, and therefore, everyone else who is friends with me should also be done. (READ: I am the center of the universe...in my mind)
I loved my babies...a LOT. I mean loved ON THEM. I never wear lipstick when I have babies, because I want to kiss 'em all day long, and I did. I chewed on their little chubby baby thighs and arms, blew zzrbrts (thats a raspberry to the rest of you) on their bellies, and talked baby talk to them all day long.It bothers me that I never get to have that again. Sure, I am an aunt and someday a grandma, but I can never have that same relationship again. Besides, thats weird to be kissin' on someone elses baby like that.
This morning at volleyball, I got to hold Rachel B.'s little baby boy this morning. Heavenly. He has the cutest little hamster eyes, chubby cheeks, and he smelled like my favorite thing in the world, LAUNDRY!
If it is possible to be a baby huffer, I am guilty as charged.
You can't turn someone's 'no' into a 'yes' and so we are done, especially when it comes to deciding on having a nother child. I know that it is all the stress of school and life, that I am thinking I want to go back in time, when my babies were little, their messes were pretty contained, and I sang "I am a Child of God" while rocking a sleepy baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I sure appreciate all the baby love you send our way!! Those little ones are priceless. Trust me, your friends sure appreciate those that can love and cuddle babies!
I'm dreading the day myself. ;)
AMEN!!!!
I love babies. I am good with them too. I was a much better mom when my kids were babies and toddlers. The older they get, the worse mom I become. It is actually quite scary to me. However, I do enjoy knowing that I am done having babies myself. I am good without the feedings and diaper changes in the middle of the night. I especially love not having to carry a diaper bag everywhere I go. I love being able to help friends out with their babies. Sorry, I will kiss on other people's babies when they are not looking:) But, I also am good with being able to give the babies back to their mommies. I do love the laundry smell!! I do think you are right though. It does bring back memories of a much simpler time. I remember thinking how I couldn't wait until they got older so it would be easier. If only I had known how good I had it when I was at that stage!!
It's a good thing you still have friends that have babies so you can smell, talk baby-talk to, chew on their chubbiness, and sing to;) You definately have a baby connection...look how Cade adored you and giggled (he doesn't giggle to just anyone) at you today! He'd probably like hearing you sing "I am a Child of God" to him because he seems to not like my singing at all.
I have felt a lot like Mindi said... that she was a better mom when her kids were babies and toddlers. When each new baby has been born into my life, I always try to be better and not screw this one up!
Post a Comment