Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jordan turns 12!

He is so handsome!

Jordan was the cutest, sweetest toddler in the world!



I know I shouldn't take a picture of him praying, but I couldn't help it!


My sweet boy is turning 12!!!! I truly can't believe it, that means I am getting older too, ugh. From the beginning, he was the best baby. He was also such a good toddler, he wasn't the toy grabber or biter, althought he did cut a hole in the side of our couch and shoved toys inside.
Jordan-speak:
He said that the grass was too "knife-y" to lay on
He said that ice cream was "lick-ety"
When Kennedy got shots, and I had him in the room (he was 2 1/2) he cried "my baby!"
When Kennedy broke a glass ornament, he ran up to me and said "baby broke the dingbell!"
As Shayne was eating a brownie (he was 3), he asked "is that poop?"
Jordan was a sunbeam and needed to say the opening prayer in sharing time. So he walked to the front, and got down on his knees to pray.

I got this email last month from his teacher...

Hi,
Thank you both for having an awesome son. He is respectful,
hardworking, and always willing to help.

Keep it up Jordan.
Thanks so much,
Fred Nelson


I am very proud of him. He is kind and helpful, and loves to help me when I babysit baby's for friends. He is funny, and I love that he is at the age now where we can joke around, and I can embarass him a little.

Happy Birthday Jordan! You are a true blessing!







8 comments:

Mindi said...

That is so awesome that you remember those things Jordan said when he was young! You must have been good and wrote them down. He was and is so cute! I guess he would probably prefer handsome now days. He is such a great kid. I have often noticed how kind he is to others around. I will really miss his big smile in primary! Happy Birthday Jordan...12, wow.

Marianne said...

Love the praying picture. What a great kid--it is always bittersweet as they grow up. I enjoy having older kids to talk with but miss the little days sometimes.

Andi said...

Yes, he is a handsome kid! What a great kid, and what a good teacher to take time out to recognize the goodness that he brings!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Those are great pictures! How fun to have another deacon. Jackson says that's cool! Jordan is a great kid - I loved having him in Webelos and I love seeing those boys I had as scouts growing up and moving on.

Dacia said...

How sweet! A 12 year old--wow! I guess we are getting older :)

Kris said...

That praying picture of Jordan is just to die for!

Well Hi, Kellie! Wow- Facebook & a new blog all in one day, whew! I'm tired now.

I don't think I've ever actually visited your blog before, but I just read back about a year & laughed the whole time. You just make me happy & I'm glad I've gotten to know you.

And FYI- Yowza! You look amazing in that family picture. Hot stuff for sure.

Rena said...

Never thought about taking a "praying" pic, but gonna have to now. That is stinkin cute!

tracy said...

I'm teary eyed at the part where Jordan knelt down to pray in Primary! What a good boy he has been...what a good mom you have been!