Lately, I have heard advertisements for the Renaissance Fair up in Phoenix. We, however, will NOT be going to this festival of weirdo's...let me tell you why.
We took the kids back when Jordan was 3 and Kennedy was 1, to the Phoenix Renaissance Fair. It had been years since I had been, seemed like a great idea.
Well, spring in Arizona can be freezing, or it can be freakin hot. It was hot that year. It is not a great thing to see people eating on giant turkey legs in the hot sun. Not to mention, the beer is flowing, so insert mildly buzzed to flat out drunk people. Oh yeah, and Kennedy puked on me so imagine me covered in that for the rest of the afternoon.
I don't get why people love the faire soooo much! Its like they live for it. No where else is wearing a flower wreath on your head okay, so no, I don't want to buy a $20 flower wreath. I DONT believe in mystical faires, or jesters. I don't want to buy $300 swords or medieval fighting garb. WHat do people do with this crap?
And no, using "thee" and "thy" doen't do it for me. I am not fair, nor a maiden. (but maybe sometimes a wench :)
And then theres the cleveage, EVERYWHERE!! Not okay anywhere else, but at the fair, bring 'em on out, its for the sake of authenticity!
These are the same people that live in cyber-worlds and love Doom, and Dungeons and Dragons.
Am I right or wrong?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
lol! I went one year when it was hot, and I actually came down with the flu on the drive up. It was very strange how quickly it came on. We only lasted 45 mins. and I felt so guilty, but I was so sick, and it was so hot, I could hardly walk.
I did want to take Raiden b.c I thought he would enjoy the shows/fights, but other than that I don't care to go. Oh, and we have a half-off price coupon, otherwise I wouldn't consider it! It is ridiculous how much it is!!
We love the renaissance fair. We have been several times and always have a lot of fun. We especially love the jousts and the sword swallower. We haven't dressed up--YET!
I think you hit the nail right on the head. You are so funny, I think you should write a column for the paper.
I'd have to agree with you about the R Fair! We went about 7 years ago and I'm still not missing it.
Post a Comment