Friday, February 05, 2010

A day in the week..

One might think that sitting in the La-Z-Boy and doing homework would be SWEET(yes, we truly have a la-z-boy, I gave up the Pottery Barn dream years ago), but its not! My special little spot in the house has turned into my 9 to 5, and I am desperately fighting weight gain through Ritz cracker and string cheese consumption ( you know how that works, overeating the 'healthy' snacks mindlessly).

I am trying really hard to re-evaluate what is acceptable, since school really needs to be a priority. Its hard to walk through a messy room to go read (a lot of reading, man!) or do homeowork. I am combating total disaster though Costco surface wipes, keeping the laundry fairy up to date, and at least keeping the kitchen 'decent'.
Decent has got to be good enough, right now.

The van needs some attention, its the go-to spot for scriptures and church stuff. (but how can you have meaningful scripture study if they are in the car, huh, huh???) Drew commented that it smelled like burp the other day, awesome!

I can say that it has helped that the kids are helping a little more, and are a dream when it comes to school...although, their homework definitely adds to my afternoon workload. It doesn't help that they don't believe me when I give them answers...

My visiting teacher and friend, Gina H, made our family dinner, just to help out. That is an awesome gift to any busy mom, and the best kind of Valentine, so we shall have yummy enchiladas tonight. Charity is truly a blessing.

I am still making excersice a priority, whether its riding my bike for 45 min or even just a 25 min run, if thats all the time I have, its gotta be good enough. Andrea W treated me to a couple excercise videos at her house, so hard! But good to have a friend huffing and puffing with me.

I changed Shayne's desktop picture to this....

Subtle, I know.

9 comments:

stacey said...

Hang in there girl!

I hear you about the housework having to be lower on the priority list. It really helped me out to sit down with Norm first and then the kids to discuss where they could help out. The kids keep the dishes done every night. Every now and then I will give them the night off and amazingly I don't mind doing dishes anymore.

Great job keeping exercise as a priority. I didn't when I first went back to school. After 2 years of finishing my undergrad I weighed a bit more than I did going in. Now, it helps keep me sane.

I know it's tough sometimes, but at the end of it all, you will have reached a goal that you've set for yourself.

The Alma Oliphants said...

I'm with you! I did homework for four hours yesterday. I felt really good about it... until Alma came home and dinner wasn't done and the house was a mess. I feel conflicted. I know getting my education is a great goal, but what about the rest of my goals? Ugh. It helps that Alma is super supportive. He has no problem with pancakes for dinner. (or having to go dig underwear our of the dryer, because I never put it away.)

Hang in there. Anything worth having is worth sacrificing for.

Mindi said...

That picture is so beautiful Kellie! Your eyes are so pretty. Wow, you totally explained how I feel most days. Although, instead of homework, it is the 4-5 hours of working a day. I like Stacey's idea of talking about what the kids will hope out with. Glad to hear your kids are already helping more. I still don't know how you do all that you do without a husband home most of the time. You know how much I love to vacuum! Give me a call:) Keep up the good work. I'm sure you will find it rewarding before too long!

Anna said...

Kellie, love the picture, I like giving Seth those subtle hints as well!

Please let me have Drew at least once a week and then you will have a little more time to read and do homework without distraction. Let's just make it a regular day, do Monday's work for you?? Those are great days for a friend over here.

Andi said...

I'm rooting for you! I think you're fab-o-lous, and appreciate your dear friendship!

Allison said...

I love that picture of you! How did you take such a great self portrait? I have tried and failed miserably. Missed seeing you today and watching you work your magic with the primary kids. Hang in there with the homework and stuff. I am proud of you for continuing that education!

Marianne said...

I think it's great that you are still exercising--I haven't done so well in that area throughout school. My house is also in SERIOUS need of some deep cleaning since I have just "gotten by" for 2 years now. Keep it up and good luck!

Heather said...

gorgeous! hang in there.

sharannyl said...

Your eyes really do look pretty, and check out that perfect skin.