Sunday, March 01, 2009

me and billy ocean...

So, the other day, I'm in the car, no kids are fighting, the windows are down, its a great day. The sun is shining, singing along to my faves on 92.9-and then, a commercial. I have said in previous posts that I will find anything to fill in the void, thus explaining my little Drew's knowledge of "Womanizer" and "Fergilicious".
So, I quickly look for some decent tunes...
Tobey Keith, bleh!
Kanye West, barf!
Neil Boortz, I can only take so much...
I am coming up short, but man, you can't kill my mood, so I turn to 94.9 ( c'mon, admit you go there too, actually I love listening to it at night just to hear crazy Delilah)On comes the smooth sounds of Billy Ocean, so yeah, I belted out a version of Caribbean Queen that no Dodge Caravan has ever seen.
No, my nerdiness knows no bounds.

Also, on Saturday, Kennedy had her last volleyball game, and what do you know ? They won their first set of the WHOLE SEASON! It was great, we jumped and celebrated, I was so glad for the girls, it has been a gift to help out and be around so much energy and fun!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

You won't believe this but...my first concert ever was Billy Ocean! I don't know if I've ever admitted that to anyone! Get out of my dreams and into my car!

Mindi said...

I love your new picture at the top! I admit it too. I have to turn it to 94.9 every now and then too...darn commercials. They do play some good 80s stuff every now and then. See Kelly, you should have been head coach. I leave you for one practice and game and the team wins. I'm so excited for them. Thanks for a great season!

Andi said...

Delilah has gotten me through some really long car drives... in a "make fun of her, is this lady for real" kind of way." ;)

Marianne said...

O.K. I admit to listening to Delilah sometimes while cleaning the kitchen--she's a bit over the top but entertaining. I love your new picture at the top of your page!