Today is volleyball at the stake center day. I had heard of this many, many times, but felt completely imtimidated to even try my hand at volleyball again.
You see, as a teenager, we had a Samoan ward in our stake, who we would play volleyball against. Let me tell you, when the ball was served by those strong girls, it would be flaming towards us at speeds that could put holes in those burlap covered gym walls!
My glasses somewhat hid the tears of fear (hey, thats a band!) as I attempted to return the ball of fury. You can guess who won every time, I was just glad to be alive...
So, yeah, I was scared to try again. It was my second week today, I said "I'm sorry" only 8-9 times, and left without bloody knees. So, yeah, I'm feeling good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm sure you rocked! I played volleyball in jr high and all through high school. I miss it a lot and I'm jealous that your stake does that! I am going to have to ask if we have a volleyball program in my new stake!
I am so glad you are coming. You are doing great! You really don't need to say sorry at all:)As for your "beehive seve" I don't remember you missing a single one! The Samoan team sounds scary!
I hear you on the Samoan wards. I remember playing one during the basketball church tournaments back before they stopped having them. All I can say is that they creamed us. I have also heard many a story of fights in the cultural hall during regional matches ;)
That story made me laugh. The Samoan team would have scared the heck out of me too.
Post a Comment