Monday, October 20, 2008

What a crock!

No seriously, I think that crock pots rock! I still have my nineties ivy patterned crock, and I just got a second, larger one from Costco(it's digital, turns off by itself, and has a warm feature)
Why two crock pots? Well, in my world, if one is good, two is better. And honestly, I have had situations where I could have used to ( like beans in one, meat in another) Plus, I'm Mormon, nuff said.
Sooooo, while I do have some yummy, simple go-to recipes, I would love some more.
One's that tell you to put in some meat, and a can/jar/envelope of this, and viola!
Here are two all time fave's:

Sassy Shredded Pork
5 lbs pork loin
16 oz jar of salsa
1 c. brown sugar
1 can soda(you can use diet)
Now, put it on low for like 8 hours and shred.
So fab for tacos and taco salad, always a hit!

Mexican Shredded Chicken
5 chicken breasts (can start off frozen)
1 envelope of 3 tbs taco seasoning
1-2 cans Rotel
Same thing, cook for 2-3 on high or
4-5 on low, and shred.


So, as you can tell, I need some variety, help a girl out :)

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

Yummmmm! Ok, I think I'll be trying the chicken one for tomorrow night! I'll look in my bag of tricks for some other CP recipes you might like.

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...

Okay, so I found a spelling error in my last comment. I don't know how to edit it. So....

Our family favorite is:

Cranberry Chicken

3 lbs. chicken breast
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup barbeque sauce
dash of dried minced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred and serve over rice.

Marianne said...

Here's one we love. Southwest Chicken

chicken
16 oz. jar of salsa
can of black beans
cup of corn

Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 4
Sometimes we double the amount of salsa and add a can of kidney or pinto beans. We eat it with rice or tortillas or just chips.

Allison said...

I just tried two recipes that were really great and use up some of that food storage, i.e. beans! I will get them to you as soon as I type them up because my sister wants them too! I am glad I am not along in my love for my two crockpots!

Kim said...

The one our family likes is Ranch Chicken.

2 lbs. Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix

Mix soup and dressing mix in crock pot, add chicken and stir to coat chicken. Cook on high for 3 hrs.
Serve with mashed potatoes.