Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Official Fall Traditions









So, we have lived here in Arizona and had never been to Annie's Orchard. October comes around, and we just haven't had the time to make the drive out east of Vail.
So, this last Sunday we took a "drive". Now, I had already purchased pumpkins at Fry's for $3.99 each, so I am thinking: nice day, photo op, time with family.
Glad I bought those pumpkins folks, because the same size would have been $12 there.
I have never left a pumpkin patch or Christmas tree farm/lot NOT feeling like I had been hosed...
So,
gas to get there
+$15 for the hayride out to the patch
+would have been $36 for pumpkins
+lunch and snacks
=traditions don't come cheap!
Having said that, we did had some good fun together.

1 comment:

tracy said...

We deviated from tradition this year of going to Apple Annies and enjoying the hay ride, picking "the best" pumpkin in the patch, dust in our shoes (actually flipflops), and the yummy fall treats. Yeah, we drove 1 mile to the pumpking "tent"in front of Montgomery's, found the perfect pumpkins in 3 minutes, paid the$8and went home for treats. How's that for tradition in the downturn of an economy?