Friday, September 19, 2008

Will this ever come back in style?

So, with Shayne's super amazing weight loss, comes a lot of reassessing of what he has to wear. So, this past week I finally convinced him to go through his closet with me and get rid of some stuff. Pretty amazing, I guess losing over 130 pounds changes your size a bit, ya think! He put on a suit from last September (he started weight watchers in Dec) and was SWIMMING in it! I told him he should keep it as a reminder.
THis weight loss is so great, and I am REALLY proud of him, not to mention, we get to have him around a lot longer now that he is so much healthier! It does make me feel a little weird because I am totally unmotivated, right now, to buckle down and get to losing weight myself. WHen you are overweight, you wonder if people are thinking "Doesn't Kellie know she's fat, why doesn't she do something about it?"
I know what I look like, I don't like it, but I just don't see the benefit of being sad and depressed about it. Whatever, I'm fat, life goes on, right? I am starting back to Weight Watchers next week, there, I have put it out there, and now I can't take it back!
Back to the closet, I found these

what the heck? I thought I had given these away, happy dance! I love my Doc Martin MJ's! I still have a pair of Guess jeans saved, my Doc Martin boots, and these. Hey, don't be suprised, if I ever even COULD get into those jeans again, I am wearing them! Just to prove I can!

4 comments:

stacey said...

I too have a pair of Doc Martin mary janes in my closet. They are green suede & have a few stains. I loved to wear them all the time when it was in style to wear them with dresses. Ahh the early 90s.

Anonymous said...

We all have those "fat days" that serve as a reminder that we are human (vs. supermodel)! You and Shane, have lost weight these past several months and have great success under your belts...not to mention a slimmer waistline! And girl, you're out there walking miles around them hills in the neighborhood. Give this girl a round of applause!

As for the shoes...I thought they were in style!?

Melissa said...

are they out of style? i too remember the days when they were so cool with dresses, ahh, to return to high school again... don't feel bad, i think everyone has an old pair of Docs in their closet they can't seem to part with.

Andi said...

I don't have my docs, but lived in them at BYU. I think I owned at least 3 pairs of mary janes. What else would you wear with a jumper to church? Really now!