Thursday, January 14, 2010

Marinated Italian Potatoes

This is yet another go-to Farrell recipe...cheap and easy (who you callin' cheap and easy?) and way yummy. And most things you probably already have in your kitchen, can I get a woo-woot?
Marinated Italian Potatoes
5 lb golden potatoes(the ones with the thinner skin, what are those called?)
1/2c fresh parsley
1/2c green onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic
1 t salt
1/2 t dry mustard
1 t sugar
1 T worcestire sauce
1 c oil (olive if you are feeling fancy, vegetable works for us regular gals)
1/2 c vinegar (I like cider, but any ole' vinegar works)
Scrub, quarter and boil potatoes until tender, but don't overcook. Whirl the dressing ingredients MINUS the chopped parsley and green onion. Put the warm, drained taters in a large bowl, cover with dressing and top with green lovliness. Leave on the counter, and when you come into the kitchen, give it a stir. You can taste it now and again, and then wonder how come half is gone when dinner comes around... Tastes great at room temp, after it has sit for a couple hours...


This is a Paula Deen original, and my kids love it, great for picnics, okay....just make 'em already!

2 comments:

kidding...right? said...

Yum! I'm totally trying those. They look delish!

Mindi said...

Those sound so good. Of course, my kids would not want the "green stuff" on them. Oh well, I don't have to share!