Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the Season to Sweat

~ I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.~
Ellen Griswold


Seriously, I love that movie.

Last weekend was the Jingle Bell Run here in Vail. I had used this as my running goal, and I survived! As per my last blog entry, I carried my water, Ipod, and Vaseline...raise your hand if you are a wimpy runner !!!! . The goal was to run the whole 3.1 miles, which I did in 37:28ish. Very slow for a runner, but I figure speed will come later. It was super fun to see the kids do the 1k. Drew took off like a shot, and was "tired out" pretty quickly. The best part for me was hearing my name and being cheered on by all my family and friends at the finish line. Julene, Mindy, Melody, Jillian, Amy....you have all inspired me with your discipline ( mom's ROCK!!), and thanks to all my friends that have told me I could do it, and never got sick of me talking about it!


Shayne ran it in under 22 minutes, he amazes me, and I can't believe that I am married to the best "Loser" in the world!


So, I guess I need a new goal, and I decided that a 10k would be a good one, so I am hoping to accomplish that in the spring or summer, and being thinner would help!!



oh man, I am so dorky

I married him for his legs.....HOT!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Congrats Kellie! Way to go! What a way to start off the Christmas season.

Mindi said...

I love the picture with your "jazz hands". What a great shot! You look so happy. You did a great job. One of the things I love about races is being there to cheer those on when you are done and be cheered for by those in front of you. So fun. Even people who I don't know in races will give encouragement. I see my husband in one of those pictures:) That is a great leg shot of Shayne. You will look like that soon!

Anonymous said...

Kellie that is so awesome!

Andi said...

So happy for you!!

stacey said...

Great pics! It's fun to see your entire family out there having fun together.

Runner's legs are the best (next to bicycler's legs). They are a great perk to the pain and agony.

Marianne said...

Great job Kellie--You are an inspiration. I have been running/jogging off and on and I really want to be more regular about it. Keep it up!