Okay, Okay, I know all of you are just through with hearing about my new venture into running. I will fully admit that I am like a 7 year old in that I need all the prodding, cheering and encouragement as possible. Its the "look at me!, look at me!" syndrome. Sad to say, I am just hoping that people are actually seeing me out there, just to have proof that I am really doing it.
I tend to make up excuses as to why I can't accomplish things, and so it is no suprise that before any run, everything must be perfect before I can even start. For instance...
-I must have my Ipod. I am afraid that if I take the earbuds out, I will literally fall in my tracks.
Before each run(jog?), I furiously apply a THICK layer of Vaseline. Must be vaseline, not chapstick.
-Water is a must. Any of you that know me should be proud that is not diet coke. I realize that for some of you 3 miles is a warm up period. By 1.2, my life is flashing before me.
-I have to have my phone with me, every time. I am just sure that someone is going to come and throw me in their trunk, and so, with all this time I must have on my hands, I have come up with escape plan that involves my pink Razr
-I MUST warm up 5 minutes, and cool down 5 minutes.
-There is a special clothing and undergarment check, but I will skip that for now.
-I avoid hills at all cost. I even drive my car to locations that I am fairly sure are low grade.
So, as you can see, it is a miracle that I ever get to the running part. Short of a rabbits foot for luck (hmmmm...) I am all set.
I have contenplated packing other items such as-taser gun, flashlight, and emergency blanket...but that would be going overboard, right?
If I ever get to the place where I am running in a longer race, I will be the girl with the
Samsonite rolling suitcase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
That made me laugh!! I am so proud of you for running, excuses and all! I wish I could join you in your running adventures, but while the mind is willing, the body is not!
I love it Kellie. So funny. It just makes you a true runner. We all have little things that we just have to have/do. I do know for a fact that you will not fall in your tracks without your ipod. All you need is me there to talk nonstop about anything and everything to you;) I would like to see you running down Spanish Trail with your Samsonite! I am just proud of you and I'll keep telling you that just like the 7 year old:)
Do you want me to come follow you so you "know" someone is watching? I can even honk my horn if I think your slowing down?
One week left until the big day... you can do it!
I'm still trying to figure out how to run with an ipod. I can't get those darn earbuds to stay put in my ears and I need someone who has the time and shares my music tastes to come up with a playlist for me.
I hear you on the hills. I've gotten used to running on the flat with the girls that whenever I run up del Lago I feel like such a wimp.
You're doing great and I'll have to join you some time (I'll attest that having Mindi with you talking nonstop is a great distraction- love you Mindi ;)
You are just like me! I have to have everything just right before I do my exercise! I HAVE to have my lips slicked up, and I would add gum to that list! If I still ran, I would avoid the hills too. BUt you know what, no matter what your ritual is, the point is that you are doing it!! And I think that's awesome.
Stacey- I can't work out with the ipod either. I used to wrap the earbud wires around my ear, but insteadI gave up and bought those walgreens earphones that wrap around the back of your ear. They are cheapo but stay put!
I'd be there to cheer you on Kellie! but like Allison says, "The mind is willing but the body is not." At least not mine at this point. I am so happpy for you in your new venture in running, and you are doing awesome...keep up the hard work, even after the race.
I am a creature of ritual too. Water bottle, check. Carmex, check. Shoe laces just right tightness, check. ipod, check. Unload bladder, check. Happy Trails!
I am so impressed. Wow.
I absolutely love to see you running out there and I have seen you at least 4 times! I fully expect the suitcase the next time I see you! I love it, thanks for a good laugh!
Post a Comment