Friday, October 09, 2009

this and that...

Busy, Busy...the theme for October. We are at a place where Shayne emails me his itinerary, so I will know what state he is in and when. If you have seen a busty girl running on Camino Loma Alta, thats me! I am working on the Couch25K program as some of you know, with the goal of running a 5k in December for charity. I have always thought running was something that a girl like me just couldn't do, and so I am having to develop the "can-do" attitude. I am not at a place when I am running that I am "in the moment", its more like when is this leg over, where are my underwear creeping, there's another 1. ant hill 2. poop pile and so on.. I am glad when I see ya'll driving, because now I have proof that I am actually doing it!


Kennedy is back in volleyball, and just loves it! We are so lucky to have Rachel B for our coach, she is so great and knows what she is talking about. She also plays vball with us moms on Wed morning, where I am sure that her serves are atomic! She is really encouraging the girls to pass the ball, and Kennedy's serves are continuing to be more consistant

I just read Andi W's post about kids sleepwalking, and thought I would add my experiences. Poor Kennedy sleepwalks, and more recently, sleep showers. I heard someone go into my bathroom and turn the shower on, when I asked her what she was doing, she said "taking a shower" and when I asked why, she said " I don't know"
The poor thing is afraid to spend the night at friends houses because she is afraid of what she will do, so we are trying to help her with that fear and remind her that her friends love her.
I had terrible night terror's growing up, so far her episodes haven't been too frightening, just confusing. Finding her wander the hall is not uncommon, and I once found her on her dresser pounding on the wall!


Jordan has been keeping busy on break by collecting crap, er, building a fort in the backyard. I hope no one calls the cops on us , a la Phillip Garrido, the structure is getting larger by the day..
I know they are building memories, my parents backyard was one fort after another for years.

Lately, Drew has been quite the little sass, and knows exactly what will get a rise from me. All that sass must wear him out, because around 3 or 4 most days, he lays on the ground, strokes Macy's head and falls asleep.

I am halfway through my first class, Elementary Algebra, and doing okay. I must admit, I have actually scored a 47% on a quiz, luckily I can take it up to three times (yup, I had to take all three to get a decent score). Oh man, I am in for it, this is going be interesting...






3 comments:

Andi said...

I used to count really slow when I ran and was struggling. I'd say, I'll count to 100 really slow and see how I feel at that point. Or I'd think about my schedule for the week and somehow that would take my mind off it. For me, it was always the way I felt after that made it worth it.

I saw you the other day, and thought "go Kellie go". Just so you know you have cheerleaders! (And I'm not the cheerleading type!).

Anonymous said...

You are a funny poster! I agree about the underwear part. I would love to hear about how you are training. I am doing the 5k as well. I think it's awesome that you are running on a road where there are drivers and stuff. ha. ;) When I DO go, I stick to Rex Molly b/c #1 I'm lazy and have a stroller that I don't want to rumble in the dirt with and #2 I am slow.

kidding...right? said...

Way to go Kellie! Keep it up, I promise it gets better and better. I'm with Andi... even when my run is difficult, I always feel great when it's over. I wish I could see this fort that is being built in your backyard. My kids would love to build their own real fort one day.