Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weekened Recap

So, this last weekend was my birthday, I turned 32 thank you very much! Shayne and I went out to eat at the Bamboo Club, which is basically like PF CHangs/Pei Wei. Very good, and the service was great. It is just so nice to be alone. Riding in the car alone can not be overrated, and we kicked it old school to Flock of Seagulls on the way home.
Jordan got his football equipment this last weekend. I think it was a boost for his very tired state of mind to get his pads, exciting. Football practice is hard, and he hits the bed pretty hard every night. Drew found a use for the discarded jock strap, yup, he made a headband out of it.
I ordered a new lens and filter for my camera, a Canon 50mm 1.8. It was fairly inexpensive, so it is a good practice lens. Baby steps...
Shayne got a bike to start the bike training for the triathalon, it is in October, and the thought of doing a triathalon is overwhelming for me, so I am really proud he is gonna actually do it.
Peace out!

4 comments:

stacey said...

love the comment about drew and the jock strap. i laughed out loud.
32 isn't bad. i'm looking at 34 in a few months.
norm & i do lunch dates on his off fridays and we enjoy the empty car so much.

Andi said...

Happy Birthday! I know I'm late, but really I hope you enjoyed your dinner out.

We still need to go to Sauce. I took my mom there and I thought of you (only because we keep talking about it and never do it!). Paige loves their mac & cheese, so maybe we'll have to do a double date lunch date (you and me, Paige & Drew).

Jenn said...

well i know it's super late but glad you had a happy birthday! i sooo envy you, that lens is actually great. Still trying to convince hubby I need another one! hope your having fun with it!

kidding...right? said...

Happy late birthday. I love some of the new songs on your playlist. I think I'm going to have to add them to mine. My playlist has gotten boring, it needs some new songs to spice it up!