Saturday, February 16, 2008

Can I get a Hoo-rah?

Two weeks ago Kennedy came home with an invitation to a stake activity day girls activity. "Cool, Kennedy, sounds like fun." Then I read, moms invited, and then I see it's a Boot Camp. I am double pegged, because I am a mom, and a leader now. My fears for three hours of "babysitting" subsided before I could even get out of the car. There was a camo clad crazy woman in the stake center parking lot yelling for us to file in. Oooohkay. Turns out, it was awesome. Us moms, well, we jumped jacks, crawled on the floor, and laughed until tears came. The girls had a blast, and we had so much fun being with them, and each other. The best part, singing with the girls "We'll Bring the World its Truth"
Daily we'll learn, until we are called
To take the gospel to all the world

Hard to sing with a knot in your throat.
I feel so thankful, for those that sacrifice, for their country and for their faith.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Great post...and great activity! It made me wish that Paige was already eight (but, not really because it's already going way too fast!). A great way to start a new calling... :) Here's to many more more "hoo-rah's"!!